Will a lifepoof case for a iPhone 7 fit a iPhone 8
- Asked by Shannon A from Monroe
- Flag as inappropriate (Will a lifepoof case for a iPhone 7 fit a iPhone 8)
2 Answers from the Community
It depends. iphone 8 is 0.2mm thicker than iphone 7. This 0.2mm makes difference. The case for iphone 7 will not grab the edge of the iphone 8 so your iphone 8 surface will be higher than the case edge, meaning no protection. I've bought an iphone 7 case which claims compatible but it is actually not. Some people on Amazon.com have the same feedback. Really think apple should make them identical but I guess there is technical challenge of doing it.
- Answered by Yuan X from Los Altos
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, you can. They are both nearly the same size. Here are the dimensions:
Dimensions: 138.3 mm x 67.1mm x 7.1mm
Weight: 4.87 ounces
Dimensions: 138.4 mm x 67.3mm x 7.3mm
Weight: 5.22 ounces
They're really close, so the case will likely fit both of them!
- Answered by Eiman Z from Sydney
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will iPhone 7+ cases, and screen protectors fit the new iPhone 8+?
- Asked by Russell Y from Makawao
- Flag as inappropriate (Will iPhone 7+ cases, and screen protectors fit the new iPhone 8+?)
will the lifeproof fre iphone 7 plus case fit the iphone 8 plus?
- Asked by Michael C from Little Rock
- Flag as inappropriate (will the lifeproof fre iphone 7 plus case fit the iphone 8 plus?)