1 Answer from the Community
None of these answer the question step-by-step. I want to program the F16 key to function as a TAB key because when entering data into databases, or using forms online, tabs are used to move to the next field.
YES, I can reach back to the regular keyboard to use the standard TAB key there, but that requires extra motion that works counter to productivity when entering a lot of numbers into successive fields. By default the F16 key is not functional, so I'd like to use it. Given that my hand is already on the numeric pad, using the F16 for a TAB seems like a natural.
Unfortunately, I have not yet discovered how to assign TAB to that key. The directions I've seen so far do not do that.
- Answered by Rodney L W from Potomac Falls
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can you lock the function key?
- Asked by Samuel S
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you lock the function key?)
- Asked about: Magic Keyboard — US English
No answers yet
. How might this help me? I'm virtually quadriplegic, using only my left thumb to activate keys on my MacBook Air
- Asked by C. Ray S from Castaic
- Flag as inappropriate (. How might this help me? I'm virtually quadriplegic, using only my left thumb to activate keys on my MacBook Air)
- Asked about: AbleNet Jelly Bean Twist
is there a program similar to Band Leader for the Mac.??
- Asked by Ken W from New River
- Flag as inappropriate (is there a program similar to Band Leader for the Mac.??)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)