Can a 1.83 Ghz Intel Core Duo be upgraded to meet requirements for OS X Lion 10.7?
The current medical billing company utilized by the company I contract with can only be utilized with the newest upgrade for Java (Java 7) making Java 6 obsolete. Java 7 can only be downloaded with and Intel Core 2 or other processors I have the above listed processor. If I can not access the medical billing software and/or Java 7 my current laptop would be useless for my employment. Please advise.
1 Answer from the Community
Unless its desktop counterpart (the Mac mini) from that generation, the processor in your MacBook cannot be upgraded. There are methods of installing Lion on unsupported Intel Core Duo Macs, however these installations are unofficial and aren't recommended (not to mention not supported) by Apple.
- Answered by Susan R from Wilmington
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this work with my 2009 Macbook - 2ghz Intel Core 2 Duo?
- Asked by Casey L from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with my 2009 Macbook - 2ghz Intel Core 2 Duo?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
WHAT ADAPTER IS NEED TO USE A DUAL (2) MONITOR SETUP FOR MAC MINI
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (WHAT ADAPTER IS NEED TO USE A DUAL (2) MONITOR SETUP FOR MAC MINI)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
Can I use this with a Max OS X Version 10.7.5
- Asked by H H
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this with a Max OS X Version 10.7.5)
- Asked about: LaCie 1TB Rugged Portable Hard Driv…
No answers yet