Can this device be connected directly to a MacPro Server? Whats the difference between this and the RAID unit?
1 Answer from the Community
This one doesn't have any RAID controller and is merely connections to 16 individual disks. When connected to a Vtrak E-Class RAID unit, it appears as 16 extra drives available to the RAID unit. (e.g. Drives 17 through 32). The expansion chassis does not have the Fibre Channel connections necessary for the Mac to communicate with it.
- Answered by Joe E from Sunnyvale
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
how many devices can connect to each unit?
- Asked by Shannon T from Fountain Inn
- Flag as inappropriate (how many devices can connect to each unit?)
- Asked about: Linksys Velop Whole-Home Mesh Wi-Fi…
Can i use any USB adapter to connect to this unit for multiple USB devices?
- Asked by Alex Tak Chung Y
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use any USB adapter to connect to this unit for multiple USB devices?)
- Asked about: USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter
how do you connect to macpro
- Asked by Charmaine M from Williamstown
- Flag as inappropriate (how do you connect to macpro)
- Asked about: AirPods
No answers yet