Can you bypass the pre-amps?
- Asked by Danny Y from Chicago
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you bypass the pre-amps?)
1 Answer from the Community
From Apogee's Knowledge Base:
YES! Duet 2′s preamps can be bypassed if you’d like to connect a line level input source such as an external microphone preamp or mixer. Here are the two things you’ll need to do:
1) Connect the devices line level output to Duet’s combination input jack using an XLR cable.
2) Go to the input tab in Maestro (found in your Applications folder) and change the input selection from “Mic” or “Inst” to “+4 dBu” or “-10 dBV”. The line level selectionwill depend on the type of gear you’re connecting. Professional audio equipment most often uses +4 dBu, while consumer audio gear is set to -10 dBV.
- Answered by Rob C from Nashville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this bypass the internal DAC?
- Asked by Michael C from Fairfax
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this bypass the internal DAC?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
will this cable work with a headphone amp
- Asked by Gene H from Clancy
- Flag as inappropriate (will this cable work with a headphone amp)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2m)
61 Watts, what Volts and Amps does this charge at?
- Asked by Brad C from Joppa
- Flag as inappropriate (61 Watts, what Volts and Amps does this charge at?)
- Asked about: 61W USB‑C Power Adapter