Can you charge an iPhone with one port and an iPad with the other? Will this cause any problem such as overheating or too much power to one device?
Dual charger use
2 Answers from the Community
Yes, you can charge both an iPad and iPhone at the same time.
The charger will detect what amount of charge each individual device requires, and only provide that.
As for overheating, it should be just fine. Any adaptor will heat up when in use, but it should heat up that much. It will heat up more if the device needs more charging (eg. Charging iPad from flat battery).
- Answered by Christopher S from Fadden
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No. The charger has built in circuitry so it communicates with your devices to deliver the correct amount of power to each one. In fact you could charge two iPads with the sun bearing down on your car without a problem.
- Answered by John H from Brisbane
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
How much power does it provide to charge a connected 15" MacBook Pro (2016)?
- Asked by Ankur J from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate (How much power does it provide to charge a connected 15" MacBook Pro (2016)?)
- Asked about: G-Technology 8TB G-RAID with Thunde…
Is there an adaptor letting me charge my iPad &iPhone 5 from the one wall charger?
- Asked by Olivia W from Cranbourne East
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there an adaptor letting me charge my iPad &iPhone 5 from the one wall charger?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
Can the usb port on this adapter draw power to charge other devices such as from and iPad to an iPhone?
- Asked by Peyton C
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the usb port on this adapter draw power to charge other devices such as from and iPad to an iPhone?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter