Re the 1.9% flat rate: Who pays? Merchant or customer? And who does this go to? Visa, MasterCard and AMEX, or merchant's bank?
I'm interested in purchasing this for a club I'm involved with where we collect payments for functions. We have our account with a major Australian bank, but I'm not sure who pays for what. A little bit of guidance on this topic would be appreciated. Thanks.
1 Answer from the Community
As the merchant, you pay for the processing fee. In Australia you can choose to add this on to the sale price for the customer in order to recover that cost (eg. to charge the customer $101.90 for a $100 product). The fees are split between the bank and the card issuer (Visa et al) in accordance with the deals they have done with each other, which are commercial in confidence.
- Answered by Scott F from Pearsall
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How can I pay bills through online banking, not mobile bank app?
- Asked by Margaret G from Clarks Summit
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I pay bills through online banking, not mobile bank app?)
- Asked about: iPad
can this work with usb credit card readers
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (can this work with usb credit card readers)
- Asked about: Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
No answers yet
Can it work with a barcode scanner with a USB?
- Asked by Charlie N from Kanab
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it work with a barcode scanner with a USB?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
No answers yet