is the usb-c connection the same as a lightening charger connection? i.e. could i use this to connect my iphone/ipad to an ethernet cable???
I am looking for a simple apple approved way to connect my ipad to my ethernet point.
Would this product enable me to do so???
3 Answers from the Community
No, they're both different. If you need to connect your iPad to an Ethernet port, you should look into buying a small travel router. I purchased a travel router for that exact purpose and it works great.
- Answered by William W from Pittsburgh
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The connection types are not the same. This will not work on iOS devices as of today.
- Answered by Stephen J from Jacksonville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
In addition to what the other poster said, what you need to do is 1) buy the Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter to put a USB port on your iPad; then 2) buy a USB (not USB-C) to Ethernet adapter (like the Apple one, if they still make it). If you search online "connect ipad to ethernet" there are multiple guides with the links to the correct Apple accessories to do this.
- Answered by Thomas N from Aurora
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
can this be used to connect with USB-C adapter to connect Ethernet to the new Macbook?
- Asked by Joseph H from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate (can this be used to connect with USB-C adapter to connect Ethernet to the new Macbook?)
- Asked about: Apple USB Ethernet Adapter
What is the main difference between this charger connection and the old one? Does this "lightening" cable charge faster?
- Asked by Kevin L from Houston
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the main difference between this charger connection and the old one? Does this "lightening" cable charge faster?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter