What is the life expectancy of the batteries? What is the indication that the batteries are low/need replacement?
3 Answers from the Community
It's recommended that you change the batteries once every year around the same time. Use alkaline batteries. You will know the battery is going dead because a yellow LED will light and there will be a delay before the deadbolt unlocks. If you see three red X's when the lock is unlocked from the outside, the battery is critically low and needs to be replaced immediately.
- Answered by Josh L from Round Rock
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The batteries on these locks usually last for a year.
There's an LED indicator that'll flash yellow on the keypad when the battery is low and an LED on the button on the inside of the lock that flashes every 5 seconds. There is also a battery percentage you can see in the app.
- Answered by Rosa B from Colorado Springs
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Schlage recommends you change the batteries once a year at the same time that you would change the batteries for your smoke detector. The Schlage app has a battery level indicator so you can keep track of it that way if you like. Also, the keypad will signal you when the battery is getting low and those low battery warnings are logged in the event log.
- Answered by Gino C from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
How many charging cycles are these batteries able to handle and are they replaceable once the batteries reach the end of their life.
- Asked by Gary K from Greenville
- Flag as inappropriate (How many charging cycles are these batteries able to handle and are they replaceable once the batteries reach the end of their life.)
- Asked about: AirPods