If motion is detected when away from home, does video image record onto iPhone as well
When receiving video alerts to iPhone or iPad does it record to phone memory as well as sd card,
2 Answers from the Community
On the D-Link website, support section, searching on "DSH-C310", and viewing the FAQs, I found the following answers to two separate questions:
"Apple currently does not support cloud recording via the HomeKit ecosystem for security reasons, so there is currently no way to record video from any HomeKit camera to the cloud. D-Link does not currently offer any alternative cloud recording mechanism, other than a microSD card slot on the camera. You can configure motion detection-based recording which will be automatically saved to a microSD card inserted into the card slot. Recorded video clips can be played back on mobile devices using the Omna app, or the microSD card can be removed from the device and read using a computer."
"The 180 Cam HD’s motion detection feature can trigger alerts when it detects movement within its field of view. This detection can produce a notification on your mobile device, trigger local recording to a microSD card, or initiate an automation policy. Motion detection is turned on by default in both the Omna and Home apps."
If I understand the D-Link answers correctly the answer to your question is NO, it will not record to your iPhone. It will only record to the internal SD Card.
- Answered by Mark W from Chantilly
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The video is recorded only to the microSD card inserted to the device, not to your phone. It does send notification to your phone if you enable the notification.
- Answered by Wayne K
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
static when recording video on iPhone7 with Sennheiser mic on Lightning port.
- Asked by Dane D from Fishers
- Flag as inappropriate (static when recording video on iPhone7 with Sennheiser mic on Lightning port.)
- Asked about: Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack A…
Can I use the charging pad while recording video?
- Asked by Tom K from Arlington
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the charging pad while recording video?)
- Asked about: Belkin Boost Up Wireless Charging P…