Does the clam shell scuff or scratch the chamfered edges of the iPad? Is there a soft cloth lining to prevent this from happening?
- Asked by Christopher G S from Pembroke Pines
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the clam shell scuff or scratch the chamfered edges of the iPad? Is there a soft cloth lining to prevent this from happening?)
2 Answers from the Community
The clamshell casing is made of plastic and the Ipad is made of aluminum. As aluminum is much harder than plastic, you don't have to worry about the Ipad possibly getting damaged from the case.
- Answered by Axel D from Portland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I just recently purchased this case so the response I will provide is based on experience from short-term usage only. I will have to admit that at first, I was apprehensive about snapping my iPad into the plastic housing because it might scratch the Aluminum housing. But surprisingly, there was no scratching. There was no scratching on the back or the sides. This is even despite the fact that there is no soft felt lining or anything of that sort anywhere on the case. Either the Aluminum housing on the new iPad Pro 10.5 is really built that good that it is scratch-resistant, or the plastic employed by Logitech was formulated in such a way that although it is lightweight, it is not cheap and abrasive. I guess this accounts for the $129.00 price tag. Snapping the iPad into the case is also, not tedious at all. The only negative feedback I have about this case is that the top and bottom covers have no form of slip-resistance at all, so it almost seems like each time you set it down on a bare, smooth surface, it can easily slide off. But overall, good case, good product.
- Answered by Peter Angelo L from Irvine
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Is this a soft or Hard shell.
- Asked by Tara P from Fairfax
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this a soft or Hard shell.)
- Asked about: iPhone 8 / 7 Silicone Case — (PRODU…
Will this cable enable you to use the Mid 2010 iMac with Mini Display Port as a display for the new MacBook Pro with Thunderbolt in clam shell mode?
- Asked by Zhaoli G
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this cable enable you to use the Mid 2010 iMac with Mini Display Port as a display for the new MacBook Pro with Thunderbolt in clam shell mode?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - Whit…