Does it support thunderbolt 2?
Would I be able to connect this drive to a Thunderbolt 2 port on my MacBook Pro, or would it only connect to the USB (not usb c) ports?
- Asked by Henry A from Fairfield
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it support thunderbolt 2?)
1 Answer from the Community
The drive has an attached (non-removable) Thunderbolt 1 (10 Gbps) cable. It can be connected directly to a Thunderbolt 1 or Thunderbolt 2 port of a computer (like your MacBook Pro) or other Thunderbolt device.
You can connect it via Thunderbolt 1 to a Thunderbolt 3 port of a computer or Thunderbolt 3 device using an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter (but I'm not sure if the Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter allows enough power to power the hard drive).
The drive also has a USB-C port (female) supporting USB 3.0 (5 Gbps) which can be connected to a USB-A or USB-C port of a computer, USB hub, USB dock, or Thunderbolt dock via one of the included cables (USB-C to USB-C and USB-C to USB-A).
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does the adapter support optical thunderbolt cables?
- Asked by Terry G from Cedarville
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the adapter support optical thunderbolt cables?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…
Can promise pegasus2 support MacBook Pro without thunderbolt?
- Asked by Bill W from Hong Kong
- Flag as inappropriate (Can promise pegasus2 support MacBook Pro without thunderbolt?)
- Asked about: PROMISE Pegasus2 R6 18TB (6 x 3TB) …