Can I set up a wireless printer with the Linksys
- Asked by Jane P from Minden
- Flag as inappropriate Can I set up a wireless printer with the Linksys
2 Answers from the Community
Yes! Not much of a WiFi system if you could not.
- Answered by Eugene S from Lake Jackson
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
To better answer your question, I need to clarify one point. For most folk shopping for a "wireless" printer, what they really mean is that they would like to buy a printer that does not require an USB cable be connected from the sending computer in order to print. To meet that criteria, the printer itself can be connected to your home network either with an ethernet network cable or itself wirelessly to your home network base station. I prefer the former but the latter is popular and widely used. Some printers even have both Ethernet and WiFi in addition to their USB port, thus giving the purchaser the option as to how to connect the printer to their home network, either network connection resulting in "wireless" printing. To answer your question, in either of the above situations, a Linksys Velop WiFi system is compatible with "wireless" printers and will work but one should be aware that unlike earlier WiFi base stations which generally have 3 or 4 ethernet ports, sadly most of the new Mesh WiFi base stations such as the Velop only have one or at most two ethernet ports, possibly making a wired ethernet connection to a printer from the Velop more challenging simply due to a shortage of ethernet ports. In my case, to overcome that shortcoming, I have purchased an ethernet switch to add more ethernet ports to my home network.
- Answered by William M from Germantown
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I use this adapter to hook up a printer and print documents from an iPad Pro?
- Asked by Megan S from West Point
- 1 Feb. 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Can I use this adapter to hook up a printer and print documents from an iPad Pro?
Can I set up my airport time capsule direct to my I Mac
- Asked by Kenneth R
- 14 Nov. 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Can I set up my airport time capsule direct to my I Mac