Can I set up a wireless printer with the Linksys
- Asked by Jane P from Minden
- Flag as inappropriate Can I set up a wireless printer with the Linksys
2 Answers from the Community
Yes! Not much of a WiFi system if you could not.
- Answered by Eugene S from Lake Jackson
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
To better answer your question, I need to clarify one point. For most folk shopping for a "wireless" printer, what they really mean is that they would like to buy a printer that does not require an USB cable be connected from the sending computer in order to print. To meet that criteria, the printer itself can be connected to your home network either with an ethernet network cable or itself wirelessly to your home network base station. I prefer the former but the latter is popular and widely used. Some printers even have both Ethernet and WiFi in addition to their USB port, thus giving the purchaser the option as to how to connect the printer to their home network, either network connection resulting in "wireless" printing. To answer your question, in either of the above situations, a Linksys Velop WiFi system is compatible with "wireless" printers and will work but one should be aware that unlike earlier WiFi base stations which generally have 3 or 4 ethernet ports, sadly most of the new Mesh WiFi base stations such as the Velop only have one or at most two ethernet ports, possibly making a wired ethernet connection to a printer from the Velop more challenging simply due to a shortage of ethernet ports. In my case, to overcome that shortcoming, I have purchased an ethernet switch to add more ethernet ports to my home network.
- Answered by William M from Germantown
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I set up with 2 different iPhones? how can I set HomePod for family or multiple users?
- Asked by Deborah L from Reston
- 30 Nov. 2019
- Flag as inappropriate Can I set up with 2 different iPhones? how can I set HomePod for family or multiple users?
Can I buy an IPhone 11 from Apple, set up with Verizon and then take it to Total Wireless? Total Wireless says your phones have to be Verizon compatib
- Asked by Emily D from Liberty
- 31 Dec. 2019
- Flag as inappropriate Can I buy an IPhone 11 from Apple, set up with Verizon and then take it to Total Wireless? Total Wireless says your phones have to be Verizon compatib