Does the Velop support USB connected storage?
Can these create a new time capsule like environment for Time Machine to access storage over the network?
- Asked by fn from Tulsa
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Velop support USB connected storage?)
2 Answers from the Community
I almost sure it doesn't. There are two Ethernet ports and a power input. No USB. (I'm hedging because maybe someone knows how to use the Ethernet port to connect.)
I am using my AirPort as the router (FiOS connects to AirPort via an Ethernet cable) and the "main" Velops connects to the AirPort via an Ethernet cable. I have a hard drive connected to the AirPort. TimeMachine is backing up to the drive. And I can see the drive in the Finder>Shared>"My AirPort">8GB Seagate
If you have to use a cable router, you can probably connect an AirPort to that and then the Velops. This gets to be more connections and possible confusion than one would want. And it assumes you already have an AirPort.
- Answered by Greg S from Redondo Beach
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No! Well there is no USB port on these devices, but if you have storage elsewhere on your network then these can enable the connection. Mixed WiFi systems are likely not a good idea, defeats the design intent.
- Answered by Eugene S from Lake Jackson
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does it support thunderbolt 2?
- Asked by Henry A from Fairfield
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it support thunderbolt 2?)
- Asked about: LaCie 2TB Rugged Thunderbolt + USB-…
Does the USB 3 adapter support external hard drives?
- Asked by Walter B from Amherstview
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB 3 adapter support external hard drives?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
Does this support rapid charging if connected to a 2.1a USB charger?
- Asked by Bruce B from Green Village
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this support rapid charging if connected to a 2.1a USB charger?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - White