Does the Velop support USB connected storage?
Can these create a new time capsule like environment for Time Machine to access storage over the network?
- Asked by Gregg W from Tulsa
- Flag as inappropriate Does the Velop support USB connected storage?
2 Answers from the Community
No! Well there is no USB port on these devices, but if you have storage elsewhere on your network then these can enable the connection. Mixed WiFi systems are likely not a good idea, defeats the design intent.
- Answered by Eugene S from Lake Jackson
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I almost sure it doesn't. There are two Ethernet ports and a power input. No USB. (I'm hedging because maybe someone knows how to use the Ethernet port to connect.) I am using my AirPort as the router (FiOS connects to AirPort via an Ethernet cable) and the "main" Velops connects to the AirPort via an Ethernet cable. I have a hard drive connected to the AirPort. TimeMachine is backing up to the drive. And I can see the drive in the Finder>Shared>"My AirPort">8GB Seagate If you have to use a cable router, you can probably connect an AirPort to that and then the Velops. This gets to be more connections and possible confusion than one would want. And it assumes you already have an AirPort.
- Answered by Greg S from Redondo Beach
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does the USB 3 adapter support external hard drives?
- Asked by Walter B from Amherstview
- 13 Dec. 2017
- Flag as inappropriate Does the USB 3 adapter support external hard drives?
Can it support a USB splitter?
- Asked by Richard H
- 29 Mar. 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Can it support a USB splitter?
No answers yet
does this support the apple superdrive? is there a USB hub that does?
- Asked by Hua Feng W from San Jose
- 10 Aug. 2019
- Flag as inappropriate does this support the apple superdrive? is there a USB hub that does?