Does this work with Windows 10 Bootcamp?
- Asked by Carter D from Hendersonville
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with Windows 10 Bootcamp?)
6 Answers from the Community
No, as of now (Late July 2018) it only works with MacOS
- Answered by Cole T from Wichita
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If you're booting into software other than MacOS, the Mac firmware will deactivate its integrated GPU if it detects an eGPU. However, this can cause non-MacOS operating systems to hang on macbooks without a discrete internal GPU. The eGPU forum has a post on using eGPUs with bootcamp here: egpu.io/bootcamp-setup-guide-tb3-macbook-pro/
- Answered by Meredith E from Menlo Park
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No, as clearly stated in the product's FAQ and description.
- Answered by Matthew R from Santa Fe
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
No, per the Blackmagic FAQ Bootcamp does not support external GPUs.
- Answered by Dylan A from Cromwell
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
I can't say first hand but I did find this article on macworld.com that says: "The company says that there are compatibility issues with Windows that may affect the device." Sorry, I can't post the link, this site won't let me.
- Answered by Aaron W from Northboro
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Taken from the FAQ page on Blackmagic design website.
Does Blackmagic eGPU works on Windows using Bootcamp?
No, Apple’s Bootcamp software does not currently support eGPUs.
- Answered by Waikit T from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
When will this adapter work in Bootcamp (windows 7)? If it will...
- Asked by Kevin C from Chatswood
- Flag as inappropriate (When will this adapter work in Bootcamp (windows 7)? If it will...)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…
Is this 5K display compatible with Bootcamp Windows 10?
- Asked by William C from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this 5K display compatible with Bootcamp Windows 10?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display