Is an external monitor mandatory in order to use the Blackmagic eGPU (as is the case with other external GPUs)?
1 Answer from the Community
I think it works with internal display and does not require external display judging from this from blackmagic design website: "Built on revolutionary 40Gb/s Thunderbolt 3 technology, the Blackmagic eGPU connects to your computer using a single cable for both power and data. The incredible speed of Thunderbolt 3 makes it possible to transfer massive amounts of data from the computer to the Blackmagic eGPU for image processing and acceleration. " "The Blackmagic eGPU is always ready for use, simply by plugging in the Thunderbolt 3 cable."
- Answered by Waikit T from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use this display with a eGPU?
- Asked by Maxwell L from La Puente
- 31 Jul. 2019
- Flag as inappropriate Can I use this display with a eGPU?
eGPU Akitio Thunder 3 to MacBook Air
- Asked by Shaun J from Shailer Park
- 27 Nov. 2017
- Flag as inappropriate eGPU Akitio Thunder 3 to MacBook Air
Can I run two of these with a 2016 13" Macbook Pro if one is hooked up to an Backmagic eGPU?
- Asked by Adam Z from New York
- 19 Jun. 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Can I run two of these with a 2016 13" Macbook Pro if one is hooked up to an Backmagic eGPU?