Will a USB C adaptor to an HDMI 4k monitor work if I am using 2 monitors?
I currently have 2 4K monitors with HDMI & Displayport, I have one of the monitors connected to HDMI but the other will need an adaptor of some sort. Will the eGPU have an issue with the adaptor?
- Asked by Bespoke D from New York
- Flag as inappropriate Will a USB C adaptor to an HDMI 4k monitor work if I am using 2 monitors?
1 Answer from the Community
Since your monitor has both HDMI and DisplayPort inputs, you can connect a USB-C to DisplayPort cable or a USB-C to HDMI cable (choose an active adapter that supports HDMI 2.0 4K 60Hz). I recommend using DisplayPort when possible. You can connect two DisplayPort monitors to the Blackmagic eGPU using a Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort adapter. There are also Thunderbolt 3 to Dual HDMI 2.0 adapters (make sure they support macOS - some older ones do not; make sure HDMI 2.0 is supported - some might only be HDMI 1.4).
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
does apple tv 4k work with lg ultrafine 4k?
- Asked by Phil T from Bossley Park
- 11 Dec. 2019
- Flag as inappropriate does apple tv 4k work with lg ultrafine 4k?
Can I connect one monitor via HDMI and one monitor via USB-C?
- Asked by Ben A from Washington
- 31 Mar. 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Can I connect one monitor via HDMI and one monitor via USB-C?