If I can replace the modem I rent from my ISP with the AC1300, does it support dual bands - 2.4 and 5GHz?
1 Answer from the Community
I have EE Broadband with an OpenReach modem and EE WiFi router. The Velop connects to the modem and authenticates using PPPoE - the WiFi router is not needed. If you have a combined router/modem as supplied with more recent broadband services you would need to put the router into bridge mode so it does the authenticating with your ISP but nothing else. Your Velop node plugs into the router and takes over networking duties. Do an internet search on how to do this. The answer to your second question - does it support 2.4 and 5GHz bands - is yes, it does.
- Answered by Phillip D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How many 5GHz wifi bands iPhone XR supports?
- Asked by Roland M from Princeton
- 24 Oct. 2019
- Flag as inappropriate How many 5GHz wifi bands iPhone XR supports?
No answers yet
Can the smart bulbs connect using 5ghz internet or is it only 2.4ghz?
- Asked by Jessica W from Lismore
- 3 Apr. 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Can the smart bulbs connect using 5ghz internet or is it only 2.4ghz?
Does the Bluetooth work on 5GHz network ( or only on 2.4 GHz) ?
- Asked by Craig L from Stanmore
- 7 Sep. 2019
- Flag as inappropriate Does the Bluetooth work on 5GHz network ( or only on 2.4 GHz) ?