Can I Connect Two MacBook Pros, and Switch Between Them?
I have two modern (USB-C) MacBook Pros: one personal one and one for work. Could I connect both of these to a single LG UltraFine 4K Display, and switch between the two machines?
- Asked by Sean P from Smyrna
- Flag as inappropriate Can I Connect Two MacBook Pros, and Switch Between Them?
1 Answer from the Community
The only way I can get this to work is to disconnect the cable from the back of the monitor. iMac Pro connected to LG 4K using TB3 port closest to stand and using the TB3 cable that came with the monitor. Main use. Second TB3 port I used the USBC cable that came with the monitor. This is connected to monitor, but not to portable device most of the time, but is used to connect work MBP or iMac Pro. It will charge the devices, but will not switch unless I disconnect the iMAC Pro. Even when the iMac pro is a sleep the MBP Pro will not work with second device unless I disconnect the cable. Not a huge problem, but be aware. If you determine a better way let me know. Thanks
- Answered by Michael A from Omaha
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have two iCloud accounts for private and work devices (both laptop + iPhone). Can I use the earphone with all devices?
With this keyboard can I switch between languages ... even in the same sentence or paragraph?
- Asked by Alan R from Chardon
- 18 Dec. 2019
- Flag as inappropriate With this keyboard can I switch between languages ... even in the same sentence or paragraph?
Will this hub be able to daisy chain to another USB 3.0 hub or USB 3.0 switch?
- Asked by Jordan R from Rochester Hills
- 5 Oct. 2019
- Flag as inappropriate Will this hub be able to daisy chain to another USB 3.0 hub or USB 3.0 switch?