Can I charge an Apple Watch by laying the watch directly on the pad? That is, without using the standard external circular charger?
2 Answers from the Community
No. It’s is only for QI Wireless devices.
Apple Watch uses Apples own propriety wireless charge system which is 2W.
There is a USB socket at the rear where you can plug in a Apple Watch charging cable and charge you Apple Watch this way.
- Answered by Darren F
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No you can not. Apple Watches uses a different charging method than phones with wireless charging uses. That’s why Apple Watches doesn’t charge on any wireless charger.
- Answered by Louis C from Hyattsville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can i use the charger with first generation watch
- Asked by Anthony R from Washington
- 12 Aug. 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use the charger with first generation watch)
- Asked about: Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock
Will the watch charger, charge the AirPods wireless case
- Asked by Ben M from Glenmore Park
- 22 Mar. 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the watch charger, charge the AirPods wireless case)
- Asked about: AirPods with Charging Case
Can I charge the Apple Watch with a universal adapter
- Asked by Shereen D from Jhb
- 28 May 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I charge the Apple Watch with a universal adapter)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter