Can I charge an Apple Watch by laying the watch directly on the pad? That is, without using the standard external circular charger?
3 Answers from the Community
No. It’s is only for QI Wireless devices.
Apple Watch uses Apples own propriety wireless charge system which is 2W.
There is a USB socket at the rear where you can plug in a Apple Watch charging cable and charge you Apple Watch this way.
- Answered by Darren F
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No you can not. Apple Watches uses a different charging method than phones with wireless charging uses. That’s why Apple Watches doesn’t charge on any wireless charger.
- Answered by Louis C from Hyattsville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No. Apple Watch uses the same Qi standard, but is software locked so that you can only use it with original Apple Watch charger. It’s very inconvenient, but that’s how it is right now.
- Answered by Pavel P
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can it be used to charge Apple watch?
- Asked by Bunnarom S from West Valley
- 15 Oct. 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it be used to charge Apple watch?)
- Asked about: mophie wireless charging stand
can i use the charger with first generation watch
- Asked by Anthony R from Washington
- 12 Aug. 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use the charger with first generation watch)
- Asked about: Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock
Will the watch charger, charge the AirPods wireless case
- Asked by Ben M from Glenmore Park
- 22 Mar. 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the watch charger, charge the AirPods wireless case)
- Asked about: AirPods with Charging Case