Can I connect a mac air with an extra monitor as well as ethernet ?
I bought one thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter and one Mini Display Port to DVI adapter. But there is only one thunderbolt on Mac Air. How can I connect an extra monitor as well as Ethernet?
2 Answers from the Community
USB to Ethernet adapter is my cheaper solution than a Thuderbolt dock.
- Answered by Stasa M from Bloomington
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You need a device like the Elgato Thunderbolt 2 Dock.
It will give you a pass-through Thunderbolt port, along with Gigabit Ethernet, 3-USB3 ports, audio and HDMI. If you could drive your external monitor with an HDMI connection, you could get this hub and return both adapters you bought.
- Answered by Frank D from Stony Point
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can i connect my apple macbook air to both wifi and usb ethernet at same time of different connections
- Asked by Amandeep S
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect my apple macbook air to both wifi and usb ethernet at same time of different connections)
- Asked about: Apple USB Ethernet Adapter
Is USB-C connection the same as Thunderbolt 2? Will this adapter allow a macbook pro from early 2015 to use ethernet?
- Asked by Robert F from Palm Beach Gardens
- Flag as inappropriate (Is USB-C connection the same as Thunderbolt 2? Will this adapter allow a macbook pro from early 2015 to use ethernet?)
- Asked about: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Ad…