I just bought a Dell SP2309W 2048 x 1152 resolution and I'm really confused in which Adapter I should buy this one or the Mini Displayport to DVI?
I'm really confused because I heard that the Mini Displayport to DVI adapter resolution only goes up to 1920 x 1200 max but my monitor's resolution is 2048 x 1152 so that won't work. And I was thinking to buy the Mini Displayport to dual-Link DVI Adapter but I herd it doesn't work with other monitors only the 30inch Apple Cinema Display and its way to much for an adapter. So what could I do im stuck is there anything I could do?
2 Answers from the Community
I'm using this monitor with an 11" Macbook Air and a cheap, 3rd party Mini Displayport to HDMI adapter. It's working fine in native resolution
- Answered by Chris S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes. Displayport is a standard which allows the computer to determine what is connected to the other end: either a DVI computer monitor OR an HDMI device such as an HDTV. Just take your monitor to an apple store and your mac and they will get you setup. As far as I know you have to use the apple adapter as the plug is a different size than the Display port plugs for PC's.
- Answered by Paul C from San Diego
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
What is the highest resolution this adapter supports?
- Asked by John S from Hoboken
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the highest resolution this adapter supports?)
- Asked about: USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter
This has the proper pins for DVI-D Dual-Link. Will this work with a 2048x1152 display?
- Asked by Robert M from Glen Ridge
- Flag as inappropriate (This has the proper pins for DVI-D Dual-Link. Will this work with a 2048x1152 display?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
Display wont let me output 1680x1050 to it through the Mini DisplayPort.
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (Display wont let me output 1680x1050 to it through the Mini DisplayPort.)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter