why would I need to spend £60 on a Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter? what is the advantage over the DVI adaptor that comes with a mac mini?
I'm about to buy a mac mini and will connect it to a 32" Philips HD TV via the DVI input. I'm totally stumped as to why I should buy a £60 cable when the mac mini comes with a mini-DVI to DVI connector anyway ... am I missing something here?
1 Answer from the Community
the dual link DVI adapter supports resolutions higher than 1900x1200. your tv has resolution of ~1900x1080 (if it is a 1080i or 1080p). for resolutions up to 1900x1200, the typical mini displayport -> dvi adapter that came with your mac mini will be sufficient. this dual link dvi is for people who want multiple displays or the 30" apple cinema display (which has a resolution much higher than 1900x1080)
- Answered by Michael N from Norman
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Help!!! Mini displayport to DVI-D?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (Help!!! Mini displayport to DVI-D?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
Can I chain it to Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter to support old 30 inch cinema display?
- Asked by Lin Z from Portland
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I chain it to Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter to support old 30 inch cinema display?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…
is this an active or passive hdmi to dvi adaptor?
- Asked by Joe D from Mississauga
- Flag as inappropriate (is this an active or passive hdmi to dvi adaptor?)
- Asked about: Apple HDMI to DVI Adapter