If I purchase an extreme and an express and use the express as an extender... 1. Will I lose the high thorough put of the Extreme?
1 Answer from the Community
Depends... if your extreme is the old 802.11n or the new ac.
If it's n, then you should be fine. BTW this is how mine is set up.
If it's ac, then you don't want express as an extender. The n will drag down the ac, according to a guy from Apple store.
- Answered by Cong W from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use my previous generation Airport Extreme with this one to extend my network's range?
- Asked by Steve M from South Burlington
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use my previous generation Airport Extreme with this one to extend my network's range?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme