i use Compact Flash Cards cards - how would i download from my camera to iPad?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (i use Compact Flash Cards cards - how would i download from my camera to iPad?)
5 Answers from the Community
I use a multicard reader with usb connection to the iPad camera connection kit. Works great all a lot of different camera cards.
- Answered by John H from Lynchburg
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Caution - real RISK of LOOSING PHOTOS using an IPad Camera USB Connector kit for importing photos from CF cards (Compact Flash) with a USB card reader.
- Tried this, but the memory card became corrupted - unreadable - by either the camera, a PC or a Mac
- Required extensive recovery efforts to salvage photos from CF card (given that I nearly lost incredible Yellowstone wildlife, geyser and once-in-a-lifetime sunset shots)
- memory card corruption occurred despite using "professional" equipment: pro-level SanDisk CF card, Nikon D700, Dean-Elec USB card reader
- On the iPad, it looked initially like it might work with a few photos being detected on the iPad, but then it stopped spontaneously and thereafter wouldn't work, at one point, saw error msg about iPad not having enough power to use the unpowered USB card reader.
- Possible explanations ?? - (1) accidental partial disconnect during transfer (the Apple iPad case opening to the connector isn't aligned well); OR, (2) the iPad USB connector is unpowered and won't tolerate an unpowered USB memory card reader
- For what its worth, Apple documentation doesn't include this as an recommended usage for the Camera Connection kit
- Answered by James L from Salt Lake City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
yes use the USB with a CF card reader.
- Answered by Jeremy M from Orlando
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Simple, just plug in your cameras USB lead to the camera and the USB end into your iPad USB adapter (one is USB and the other is SD). Turn on your camera and it will upload to the iPad. You can chose which pics to upload. It will then sync with iPhoto the next time you connect it to your Mac
- Answered by Huw L
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Three possible ways:
1) Download to computer through iTunes then sync pictures to iPad
2) Connect your camera directly to iPad by USB using camera connect kit
3) Buy a Compact Flash SD card adapter to allow use of SD card in your camera, then you can use SD card adapter in the camera connection kit to download to iPad
- Answered by Dennis A from Canton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
My camera uses compact flash cards, can I attach a card reader to lightning usb
- Asked by Anne-lisa C from Exmouth
- Flag as inappropriate (My camera uses compact flash cards, can I attach a card reader to lightning usb)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Cable (1m)
is there a camera connection kit to a ipad mini?
- Asked by Denis L from Redlands
- Flag as inappropriate (is there a camera connection kit to a ipad mini?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2m)