Is a portable iSight camera compatible (or connectable) with the iPad?
- Asked by fn from Xxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (Is a portable iSight camera compatible (or connectable) with the iPad?)
2 Answers from the Community
Wait! There IS an App for That(tm) ;-)
Look up "camera for ipad" and you'll find the camera to camera app. This app allows you to use your iPhone as the camera, and your iPad or iTouch as the screen. It's a LIVE FEED through WiFi or Bluetooth. You can't record the video feed, but you CAN take photos from the iPad itself. Photos taken this way are stored on the iPad itself. It's like giving the iPad it's own camera. The video feed is a little choppy, but it's very usable as an on-the-fly security camera. The photos it stores on the iPad are beautiful. Full resolution photos.
- Answered by Dan B from Carlsbad
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Seeing as Apple has never made a portable iSight camera, no.
The closest thing to a portable iSight camera is the first one made by Apple. It wasn't really portable and it used FireWire 400, not USB.
If you are asking about a USB webcam, this won't work either because the iPad has no way of displaying the video feed from the camera. Also, no application in the App Store can accept input from such a device.
- Answered by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can i use this adaptor for my iSIGHT camera
- Asked by J P D
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use this adaptor for my iSIGHT camera)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
No answers yet
Can I use this to connect my iPad mini to my Bose portable?
- Asked by Mary R from Napa
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to connect my iPad mini to my Bose portable?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2m)