i have 10.1 3.06 GHz....what do I upgrade to?
I have the Imac desktop 27". The iMac 10.1 at 3.06 GHz. I would like to upgrade but would appreciate some help in deciding what I upgrade to. Much thanks!
- Asked by David A from Dayton
- Flag as inappropriate (i have 10.1 3.06 GHz....what do I upgrade to?)
2 Answers from the Community
Do you mean you have the iMac10,1 (note the comma)? If so, your machine probably shipped with Snow Leopard 10.6.1. Use Software Update to make sure it's now running Snow Leopard 10.6.8. Then if you want to upgrade, you can open the Mac App Store and purchase Mountain Lion 10.8.
- Answered by Robert T from Chatham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You have the 27" iMac with Model ID: imac10.1 . It came with at least 4 GB of memory.
It had Snow Leopard pre-installed (Snow Leopard is OS 10.6)
If Snow Leopard has been updated to OS 10.6.8 (or you upgraded to Lion (OS 10.7) in meantime) you can download and install Mountain Lion (OS 10.8). (Note: "Lion" is now a legacy product at Apple.)
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Extra Memory for iMac Late 2009 - 27" intel core 2 duo 3.06 ghz
- Asked by Michael G from Succasunna
- Flag as inappropriate (Extra Memory for iMac Late 2009 - 27" intel core 2 duo 3.06 ghz)
- Asked about: Mac
If I update my iMac to Lion 10.7 will I then be able to update to macOS Sierra?
- Asked by Miguel N from El Monte
- Flag as inappropriate (If I update my iMac to Lion 10.7 will I then be able to update to macOS Sierra?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)