Does this adapter support Auto-MDIX like the Ethernet ports in the other MacBooks?
I would love to get the new MacBook air but if I have to carry a few adaptors and Ethernet crossovers it may be counter productive.
1 Answer from the Community
You don't need a crossover cable or similar sort of connector in between. However, there are certain configuration that would result slightly drop of speed (e.g.duplex is disabled) but I don't think this is noticeable at all.
- Answered by Anthony Y
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does this adapter support Ethernet on an IPad Air 2?
- Asked by Kevin P from Blue Springs
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter support Ethernet on an IPad Air 2?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
Does this adapter support a MacBook USB superdrive?
- Asked by Brianna H from East Albury
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter support a MacBook USB superdrive?)
- Asked about: USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter
Does the adapter support Toslink?
- Asked by Jason S from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the adapter support Toslink?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack A…
No answers yet