How does it operate when used with a 4:3 TV or a 16:9 TV? Does it crop or letterbox for either? What are the limitations and expectations?
I am looking for the expectations of the performance when this cable is used with different TV aspect ratios. What is the native signal (4:3 because it is a composite signal or 16:9 because the iphone4 is that size?) Willl it be full screen on an old 4:3 (non-HD TV), or full screen on a 16:9 (HD TV). or both?
1 Answer from the Community
Great question, I've been trying to solve an issue related to this: when I use the cable with my iPhone 4 to watch YouTube its just full screen and appears fine. However when I watch an iTunes movie on any tv in the house the sides are clipped off. I'm missing about an eight of the screen on both sides, and its full screen.
- Answered by Daniel E from Monroe
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
what cable or cord is needed to connect the ipad 4 to the television
- Asked by Shada T from Parkville
- Flag as inappropriate (what cable or cord is needed to connect the ipad 4 to the television)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
How does this product attach to the back of a Television?
- Asked by Oliver B
- Flag as inappropriate (How does this product attach to the back of a Television?)
- Asked about: Innovelis TotalMount Pro Mounting S…
Can this ADAPTER BE USED TO LINK MY MACBOOK AIR TO MY MIISTUBSHI DLP PROJECTION TELEVISION
- Asked by Christopher H from Bronx
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this ADAPTER BE USED TO LINK MY MACBOOK AIR TO MY MIISTUBSHI DLP PROJECTION TELEVISION)
- Asked about: Apple HDMI to DVI Adapter