Is it possible to connect to display that doesn't have HDMI?
I'm looking to use it for presentations when I travel, and I can't rely on everyone to have an HDMI compatible projector. In other words, is there a composite cable that I can purchase to use with this adaptor? Thanks
- Asked by fn from Sudbury
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to connect to display that doesn't have HDMI?)
2 Answers from the Community
Apple sells a separate composite connection kit.
- Answered by Bryce K from Ewa Beach
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Dear Nicholas, I'm very sad to give you the news: "NO! You can't! Its impossible!" But beside this adapter there are others solutions: Composite cable, Component cable, VGA adapter and even, if you find it in eBay, a s-video base station (iPhone and iPod only. But the only solution that mirror your iDevice is the "Apple Digital AV Adapter". There is no solution from HDMI to any other type of video connection. And this lack of solution is not an Apple fault.
- Answered by Leoncio C from Anchorage
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Is it possible to connect 2 HDMI displays to this dock?
- Asked by Colin M from Deakin West
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to connect 2 HDMI displays to this dock?)
- Asked about: Belkin Thunderbolt 2 Express HD Doc…
iPhone5S hdmi to TV and projector display possible?
- Asked by John W from Oakville
- Flag as inappropriate (iPhone5S hdmi to TV and projector display possible?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter