Can I use a thunderbolt to ethernet adaptor to share my hotel wifi connection to a router so all my devices can access the hotel wifi?
I was thinking of using sharing wifi over thunderbolt bridge, and hard wiring the thunderbolt to ethernet adaptor into a wifi router to create a wifi hotspot in my hotel room. I often stay at a hotel with no ethernet and want to share the 1 device wifi pass with all my devices. Is this possible?
2 Answers from the Community
You can. Go to system preferences > sharing > network sharing and share your connection over ethernet to Wifi. Set a password, and let it run. Any device should be able to connect to that wifi network, and your computer's network will still function.
- Answered by Ryan F from Larkspur
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I dont think you will be able to connect more than 1 device to your laptops hotspot, but it should work for your phone or something like that. I haven't stayed in many hotels that have an ethernet connection in the room, but more a wifi extension thing on the ceiling or in the corridor, with no where to plug an ethernet chord in.
Hope this helped :)
- Answered by Jonathan H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Is this device capable of sharing a typical hotel WiFi connection?
- Asked by Michael S from Newport News
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this device capable of sharing a typical hotel WiFi connection?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
Can you use it in a hotel to create a more secured wifi connection
- Asked by Dennis J P from Sinajana
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use it in a hotel to create a more secured wifi connection)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
Can I connect the hub to the router through an access point
- Asked by Carleton M from Laguna Niguel
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect the hub to the router through an access point)
- Asked about: Philips HUE HomeKit Upgrade Bridge …