how do i transfer files from old pc to my macbook pro do i use my thunderbolt to gigabit ethernet adapter?
1 Answer from the Community
-plug Thunderbolt-Enet adapter in to your MacbookPro
-plug enet cable in to TB-Enet adapter
-plug other end of enet cable into a enet hub or switch
-attach your PC via enet to the same hub or switch
on you MacbookPro
-turn off WiFi (probably don't have to do this; but, it makes the process a little simpler)
-select Thunderbolt-Enet as your network protocol (DHCP should work fine)
-open Utilities folder (command-shift-u)
-launch Migration Assistant
-select "transfer files from a PC"
-select your PC and follow the directions
- Answered by Chris S from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is this cable used to transfer files between two macs?
- Asked by Kiyomi R from Carpinteria
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this cable used to transfer files between two macs?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - Whit…
Would this adapter allow me to use my Thunderbolt 2 - gigabit ethernet adapter or is there a Thunderbolt 3 gigabit adapter?
- Asked by Martin C from Auckland
- Flag as inappropriate (Would this adapter allow me to use my Thunderbolt 2 - gigabit ethernet adapter or is there a Thunderbolt 3 gigabit adapter?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…