What is the best way to connect a retina macbook with a new 2TB time capsule? USB/ethernet adaptor does not transfer data.
USB/Ethernet cable does not allow backups. How do I backup with a cable, Not Wifi.
2 Answers from the Community
According to the Support Article "Backing up with AirPort Time Capsule for the first time"
If you have an Ethernet cable, you can perform the initial backup via Ethernet for the fastest performance. Simply plug the Ethernet cable into one of AirPort Time Capsule's Ethernet ports and the other into your Mac's Ethernet port.
So you can definitely use the Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter for this purpose. Also remember that if you are concerned about internet for wifi, you don't have to be on internet. You can just use the wifi network the Time Capsule provides and backup using the network the Time Capsule provides.
- Answered by Christina T from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I would think that the Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter would solve your problem. USB would bottleneck your speeds anyway. Go for the Thunderbolt adapter instead.
- Answered by Kyle B from Franklin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can time capsule connect with iPad air?
- Asked by Darshil P
- Flag as inappropriate (Can time capsule connect with iPad air?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
No answers yet
Will this cord connect my 2-TB Time Capsule to my MacBook Pro (early 2013 model)? I only use the Time Capsule for backing up, not for wifi.
- Asked by Andrea A from Gulfport
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this cord connect my 2-TB Time Capsule to my MacBook Pro (early 2013 model)? I only use the Time Capsule for backing up, not for wifi.)
- Asked about: Belkin USB-C to Micro-B Cable (USB …