Im using it to connect my exteral hardrive, but it wont work. Is it the adapter?
- Asked by Nancy N from Soldotna
- Flag as inappropriate (Im using it to connect my exteral hardrive, but it wont work. Is it the adapter?)
1 Answer from the Community
Hi Nancy. This adapter has a 50/50 success rate correctly powering Bus Powered Firewire drives. Your drives are probably perfectly fine. It's most likely the adapter causing the issue. If your bus powered external portal drive has a power source, try finding a power adapter to power it and then connect it via this adapter to see if your results change. I have more Firewire Drives than I do Thunderbolt drives so this adapter is something I keep in my back pocket at all times. Hope this helps.
- Answered by Ellsworth R from North Hollywood
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can this adapter be used with an Ipod?
- Asked by Patricio L from Cupertino
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be used with an Ipod?)
- Asked about: Apple USB Ethernet Adapter