Might be a "duh" question, but it wouldn't work on a 2008, 17" MacBook Pro would it???

Somehow the magnetic head of my 85W (model A1222) power adapter tore. It will charge but I have to jiggle it a bit to stay. I was hoping the MagSafe 2 converter would fit this particular portal.

MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter

Back To Product

Follow this Question

2 Answers from the Community

  • Best Answer:

    No, that won't work. The converter only connects the fatter, shorter "old" style mag safe connector to the newer, thinner "new" style.

    Breakage of the type that you described is common. Apple has some kind of special campaign -- google "apple magsafe replacement" and the link -- to Apple's support website, which link I am not allowed to paste into this message -- will be displayed.

    Was this useful? Answer 1

    10 of 10 people found this useful

  • this adaptor is so the older magsafe chargers work with the new macs. If you have an 2008 computer it has magsafe so you have to get an magsafe charger. They don't make adaptors to convert the new magsafe 2 chargers to magsafe.

    Was this useful? Answer 2

    0 of 0 people found this useful

Related Questions