Might be a "duh" question, but it wouldn't work on a 2008, 17" MacBook Pro would it???
Somehow the magnetic head of my 85W (model A1222) power adapter tore. It will charge but I have to jiggle it a bit to stay. I was hoping the MagSafe 2 converter would fit this particular portal.
2 Answers from the Community
No, that won't work. The converter only connects the fatter, shorter "old" style mag safe connector to the newer, thinner "new" style.
Breakage of the type that you described is common. Apple has some kind of special campaign -- google "apple magsafe replacement" and the link -- to Apple's support website, which link I am not allowed to paste into this message -- will be displayed.
- Answered by Kevin W from Hendersonville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
this adaptor is so the older magsafe chargers work with the new macs. If you have an 2008 computer it has magsafe so you have to get an magsafe charger. They don't make adaptors to convert the new magsafe 2 chargers to magsafe.
- Answered by Owen H from Marshfield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will this work with an plain white MacBook from 2008?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with an plain white MacBook from 2008?)
- Asked about: Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter (fo…
would it work with Mac Book Air
- Asked by Srinivasan G from Las Vegas
- Flag as inappropriate (would it work with Mac Book Air)
- Asked about: Belkin 4K Mini DisplayPort to HDMI …
No answers yet
Would this work with a MacBook air?
- Asked by Calvin C from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate (Would this work with a MacBook air?)
- Asked about: Twelve South ParcSlope Stand for Ma…
No answers yet