what's the difference between apple 60W magsafe 2 power adapter & 60W magsafe power adapter
2 Answers from the Community
MagSafe 2 is Apple's update to their power supplies. It's more energy-efficient, charges faster, doesn't heat up as much, and is more difficult to break.
The MagSafe 2 magnetic connection is more shallow than the MagSafe was, which could reduce the risk of poor connection caused by a bend on the connector.
You could use an adapter to convert a MagSafe to a MagSafe 2 connection, but I don't think it will cause it to charge more efficiently. Be careful to always use the correct wattage on your computer, too. Just because the connection fits doesn't mean it should be used to charge your laptop.
- Answered by Dustin H from Fort Wayne
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
There is a small inexpensive conversion adapter that makes a magsafe work as a magsafe 2.
So a magsafe + the conversion adapter = magsafe 2.
- Answered by Thomas S from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will this work with 60w Magsafe 2 Power Adapter?
- Asked by Peishan Z from West Lafayette
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with 60w Magsafe 2 Power Adapter?)
- Asked about: Apple World Travel Adapter Kit
Will Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter work with 50 Hz charging, in Europe, with a travel power (voltage) converter)?
- Asked by Gretchen H from Oakland
- Flag as inappropriate (Will Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter work with 50 Hz charging, in Europe, with a travel power (voltage) converter)?)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…