I am a bit confused with some answers here - can a Apple Camera Adapter take a raw digital signal (bypass internal DAC of iTouch) to an external DAC?
I want to us my iTouch 6 with my McIntosh D150 digital preamp that has a USB Type B connection on the rear panel. I want to be able to bypass the iTouch DAC and use the D150 DAC.
2 Answers from the Community
Not sure about iTouch but it works for iPhones. I use it to connect my iPhone 7+ to a Chord Hugo DAC to enjoy hi-res audio from HF Player.
- Answered by James W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You are welcome to try, however since this adapter is only designed to copy photos and videos from directly connected cameras, your usage may or may not work. In any case, it would not be supported by Apple for anything besides the stated purpose. In other words, if it doesn't work, don't go asking Apple for help making it work, because that's not what this adapter was designed for. Good luck on your endeavor though, sounds like fun!
- Answered by Samuel O from Alton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will this bypass the internal DAC?
- Asked by Michael C from Fairfax
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this bypass the internal DAC?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
Digital to analog conversion of audio
- Asked by Ernest P from Tallahassee
- Flag as inappropriate (Digital to analog conversion of audio)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter
No answers yet