is there a cable to connect a 3G Ipad to a smart phone which will allow me to Skype?
My 3rd generation ipad does not have a camera, can I connect it to a smart phone that has a camera so I can skype an my Ipad will act as a monitor.
4 Answers from the Community
You cannot use any other device's camera for skype on iPad.
There is a front facing camera for Skype on a 3rd gen iPad.
- Answered by Guillaume G from St-jean-sur-richelieu
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The first-gen iPad was the only one without a camera... do you have the first iPad (squared off edges) with 3G cellular data? If so, you'll probably need a new iPad for video chat... lowest price new iPad Mini has cameras, with a cellular antenna the iPad Mini is $379, maybe less if you buy an Apple Refurbished (I've had great like-new experiences with apple refurbs).
If you have a third-generation iPad, it should have cameras on the front and back. If the iPad only gets internet by WiFi, you can use a smartphone's Hotspot connectivity to wirelessly connect the iPad to the smartphone's cellular internet connection, and thus do Skype. Of course, you probably could just do Skype on the smartphone too.
- Answered by Everett M from Pittsburgh
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Well there isn't a cable that will let you use your smartphone to skype via your ipad, I believe your 3G pad is the one without cameras, and with the 30 pin connector on bottom? You can get a 30pin to USB camera adapter, and plug in a USB headset. Now it has to be a headset that does not require too much power, I'd suggest a standard 1-earphone one, I haven't tested anything yet just did a LOT of research online about this. I'll be buying this Lightnning usb camera adapter soon for my iphone to see if my logitech g930s will work, I will be amazed if they will, and at the same time be extremely happy, haha. I'll post an actual review when I buy it, and after I use it for a week or so. These USB camera adapters actually let you import photos from iphone to ipad too which I thought was rather amazing. But not from ipad to iphone, I hope they change that.
- Answered by Thomas G from Homestead
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
The 3G is relating to data usage, not the iPad being a 3rd generation product. The 3rd generation iPad does have both front and rear cameras, the original '3G' iPad has no cameras.
- Answered by Stuart H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Will Skype or other softphone apps work whilst the ipad is connected to the internet via 3G?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (Will Skype or other softphone apps work whilst the ipad is connected to the internet via 3G?)
- Asked about: Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
Can the "lighting to USB cable" together with "USB to ethernet connector" allow ipad mini to browse the internet without using Wi-Fi / 3G/4G?
- Asked by Richard H from Wentworthville
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the "lighting to USB cable" together with "USB to ethernet connector" allow ipad mini to browse the internet without using Wi-Fi / 3G/4G?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…
Will this adapter allow me to stream Netflix over my 3g iPhone 4s? I had an OEM adapter that killed the cell signal.
- Asked by Florence B from Lambert
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter allow me to stream Netflix over my 3g iPhone 4s? I had an OEM adapter that killed the cell signal.)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter