Does this need a seperate power supply?
- Asked by N K from London
- Flag as inappropriate Does this need a seperate power supply?
2 Answers from the Community
Not to simply mirror the TV output and sound from your device to the TV through HDMI. The second lightening female adapter permits charging your device while using it. But the charging is optional. In other words it works the same as the Apple Lightening to HDMI Only adapter but with an added advantage of charging in case you are streaming for a long time.
- Answered by William H from Mechanicsburg
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I'm not sure about the adapters sold directly by Apple, but the one I bought from Amazon (at half the price) does have to be plugged into an external power source. There is a lightning input next to the HDMI output to connect it.
- Answered by Jess W from Encino
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
does this fit the new macbook power supply
- Asked by Bailey F
- 17 Mar. 2016
- Flag as inappropriate does this fit the new macbook power supply
No answers yet
Does the Composite AV Cable pack come with a power supply?
- Asked by Serena N from Pullenvale
- 5 Nov. 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Does the Composite AV Cable pack come with a power supply?