What resolution do iTunes movie rentals display in with this adapter if I got the HD version? Full 1080p?
1 Answer from the Community
The iTunes movie rentals would display at the max resolution of the adapter, which, unfortunately, is 1600 x 900. This is due to the fact that the cable has inside it a computer chip, which decodes the information from the iPad, and then up scales it to 1080p, so the image is first compressed, and then expanded again, decreasing the image quality. However, due to the fact that the cord has a chip inside it, it may be possible to update the chip, and increase the resolution in the future. Until then, though, the true resolution of the video is up scaled 1600 x 900, whether you have the HD version or not.
- Answered by Phil & Margaret S from Cairns
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can this adapter output a 1920x1080p (full HD) signal?
- Asked by Ben A from Toongabbie
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter output a 1920x1080p (full HD) signal?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
How do you "mirror your MacBook display to your HDMI-enabled TV or display in up to 1080p HD" when 1080p HD is not a supported resolution?
- Asked by Stuart R from Clearview
- Flag as inappropriate (How do you "mirror your MacBook display to your HDMI-enabled TV or display in up to 1080p HD" when 1080p HD is not a supported resolution?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
Will this fix HDCP issues on 1080p projector
- Asked by Gabriel H
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this fix HDCP issues on 1080p projector)
- Asked about: Belkin 4K Mini DisplayPort to HDMI …
No answers yet