Will the 12W USB power adapter work in Hong Kong without using a converter? The adapter indicates input 100-240V. What does it mean?
1 Answer from the Community
100-240 Vac refers to the voltage you get from your wall outlet. This power adapter will provide its 5.0Vdc output regardless if the input AC Voltage is 100 Vac or up to 240 Vac. However the one that you have (or will buy) in the USA has the US Type flat two pin plugs for the wall receptacle, whereas in Hong Kong they use the 3-pin U.K. type plug. You have to buy a "mechanical converter" for the plug system; i.e. one that will adapt the US flat 2 pins to the UK version. These, you can find everywhere in Hong Kong at dirt small prices...
- Answered by M. Afak Y
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will it work with 240v input in india?
- Asked by Ajay A from Ludhiana
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with 240v input in india?)
- Asked about: 18W USB-C Power Adapter
No answers yet
Will Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter work with 50 Hz charging, in Europe, with a travel power (voltage) converter)?
- Asked by Gretchen H from Oakland
- Flag as inappropriate (Will Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter work with 50 Hz charging, in Europe, with a travel power (voltage) converter)?)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…