Will the use of this Thunderbolt cable enhance my video display on a thunderbolt compatible external monitor?
2 Answers from the Community
No. The same digital signal is passed in either case.
- Answered by Michael M from Chatsworth
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes and no. If the cable you are using for your thunderbolt capable display is giving the maximum throughput and video transfer rate of the display than no. If you think that your display can receive data faster than the responsiveness of using the display (with thunderbolt cable) will increase.
- Answered by Jack S from Mahtomedi
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Using the thunderbolt cable attached to my thunderbolt display, can I use HDMI to run the monitor?
- Asked by Simon E from Victoria
- Flag as inappropriate (Using the thunderbolt cable attached to my thunderbolt display, can I use HDMI to run the monitor?)
- Asked about: Belkin Thunderbolt 2 Express HD Doc…
On the new MacBookPro how do I hook up to external DVI monitor?
- Asked by Ernie G from Largo
- Flag as inappropriate (On the new MacBookPro how do I hook up to external DVI monitor?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter