Does the Airport/Time Capsule Support Remote Access from the Internet. DDNS, Dynamic DNS, Wide area Bonjour,
Hi, I have seen others ask questions on DDNS - I am not so worried about DDNS specifically (although this would seem the most sensible way to support this capability).
Is there ANY way from the device itself? (not a Mac, PC or something else sat behind it) to allow remote connection from the internet back into the device. For instance to remote access the time capsule, access a device such as an IP Camera etc. I do not have a static IP address fomr my ISP so I need some way to broadcast this via a dynamic DNS service or other method that you can provide, but it needs to be form the router as I do not have a Mac or PC or other device permanently left 'on' behind the Airport.
- Asked by Neil G from Winter Park
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Airport/Time Capsule Support Remote Access from the Internet. DDNS, Dynamic DNS, Wide area Bonjour,)
2 Answers from the Community
I'm using dynamic dns from duiadns.net on my apple airport router and i have no issue.
- Answered by Pislaru L
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The Airport and Time Capsule do not support DDNS update. But the port forwarding is still there. If you connect your NAS or IPCAM to the Airport/ Time capsule, you can use enable DDNS update on your NAS or IPCAM. I tried this on my network and this way work well.
- Answered by Desmond W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Support for MFI Cable/Remote functions
- Asked by Stuart S from Lancing
- Flag as inappropriate (Support for MFI Cable/Remote functions)
- Asked about: Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack A…
No answers yet