Why there is no mention of backup for Windows in the new version/model?
1 Answer from the Community
The time capsule does not officially support windows backup, although that is not always clear in the descriptions. The time capsule is formatted in such a way that both windows and Mac can access the hard drive over a network. When I was on windows vista it backed up perfectly, however windows 7 removed the ability to network backup. I have not since been able to find a program that will allow me to back up.
I now only back up the macs in the house and update any new photos/ videos on the time capsule. I use Dropbox for our documents, and so I have avoided needing to back up windows, which is generally quite a clunky experience anyway.
Hope this helps! Any questions feel free to ask
- Answered by Thomas A
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How do I transfer my old iphone5s backup data from old XP to new win7 ?
- Asked by Snehal J from Gold Coast
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I transfer my old iphone5s backup data from old XP to new win7 ?)
- Asked about: iPhone
On the new MacBookPro how do I hook up to external DVI monitor?
- Asked by Ernie G from Largo
- Flag as inappropriate (On the new MacBookPro how do I hook up to external DVI monitor?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter