I am about to move into a long (front to back) home with two floors. I want the WiFi to be as strong upstairs as down.
Will the AirPort extreme do a good job of throwing the signal up/down? Should I put it upstairs or down?
1 Answer from the Community
It depends on the layout of your house and where the wireless devices will be located. If you have a lot of walls between the device and the AirPort Extreme, you might have a weaker signal and poor network speed. You also want to try and put the Extreme in as much of a central location in the house as you can. I was in what sounds like a similar house and the AirPort Extreme did well in all rooms except one. The AirPort Extreme was located downstairs in one corner of the house. The room that had a very slow connection was upstairs in the opposite corner of the house. I bought an AirPort Express and put it at the top of the stairs, high on a wall. I used the Express to extend the range of the Extreme and I had great speed in the room that was having issues before.
- Answered by Randy K from Houston
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use two Airport Time Capsules in the same house as access points for two different floors?
- Asked by Kush V P from Riverside
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use two Airport Time Capsules in the same house as access points for two different floors?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
Does this film protect back and front glasses or just the front?
- Asked by Mariarosaria C from Pace
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this film protect back and front glasses or just the front?)
- Asked about: Tech21 Impact Shield Screen Protect…