Can I connect an external DVD player and external hard drive (with USB) to an iPad through this?
I have a ton of DVD's (old tech, I know). It would cost a lot to replace my collection and I don't have time to convert them to digital. I do have an external DVD player that connects to my Macbook via USB. I would love to have a DVD player that connects via Bluetooth but that doesn't exist (to my knowledge).
I also have an external hard drive that I use frequently.
I would like the iPad Pro to be my next computer. But for that to happen, I need to be able to use my gadgets with it. I've been waiting to buy an iPad and this is really the one hang up that is keeping me from doing it.
Is now the time?
- Asked by Ls B from Berrien Springs
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect an external DVD player and external hard drive (with USB) to an iPad through this?)
1 Answer from the Community
Physically, yes. Functionally, no, at least not for the iPad Air 2. The iPad does not provide enough power for the external device. If you connect an external USB that is separately powered, it might. I have not tried this.
- Answered by Jerry H from Mclean
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this work for connection to an external USB hard drive?
- Asked by Matthew H from Dupont
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work for connection to an external USB hard drive?)
- Asked about: Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
Can I use this to connect to a external hard drive and watch movies from the drive
- Asked by Dominique B from Franklin
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to connect to a external hard drive and watch movies from the drive)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable