Can I use foam cover over the AirPods or will that interfere with the touch or any other functionality?
I like to use foam cover, for softer feel and enhanced sound (believe it or not). I use it on my EarPods all the time. Is this possible with AirPods as well? Thanks
2 Answers from the Community
I'm trying them out now with the foam covers. Like that I can keep them clean and just replace the foam covers at anytime.
Fit's in the case without problem and love the way they fit in my ear. Way more secure!
Only issue is with the sensor not being able to detect if you are wearing them or not. Not a deal breaker to me, but you need to play with the options for auto detection in the settings to your preference. I'm still testing these out in this setup to see if it works for me or not.
- Answered by Kyle T from Mililani
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
There are a few videos online showing the thin black foam covers made for EarPods being put on the AirPods and they work fine. They even fit in the case still.
- Answered by David C from Plainfield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does the keyboard function as a cover that protects the screen too?
- Asked by Lawrence B from Boston
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the keyboard function as a cover that protects the screen too?)
- Asked about: Smart Keyboard for 9.7‑inch iPad Pr…
Will this work with an otter box case on an iPod touch?
- Asked by Mimi O from Vilas
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with an otter box case on an iPod touch?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - White