How will these be backwards compatible with earlier Iphone models if not using Bluetooth?
1 Answer from the Community
AirPods is a wireless set of earbuds that uses bluetooth like any other bluetooth earbuds on the market. It is backward compatible with previous iPhone models so long as you have bluetooth setting on. Without running iOS10, you do not get the Auto-Pairing feature and must pair the AirPods manually each time you wish to use it via pressing and holding a small button on the back of the carrying case of the AirPods with the AirPods themselves in the case to make it discoverable.
- Answered by Xinran M from Malmo
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is there any improvement in audio quality using this connector rather than the analog jack on earlier models?
- Asked by Brent D from Doreen
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there any improvement in audio quality using this connector rather than the analog jack on earlier models?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack A…
Will this work with earlier iPad models?
- Asked by Barbara M from Woodward
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with earlier iPad models?)
- Asked about: Apple Pencil
Backwards compatible to previous generations?
- Asked by Kevin E from Mount Prospect
- Flag as inappropriate (Backwards compatible to previous generations?)
- Asked about: Innovelis TotalMount Pro Mounting S…
No answers yet