can i use this chain: new macbook pro >>> usb-c adapter (usb-c to thunderbold 2) >>> thunderbolt cable >>> imac minidisplay insert- secodary display
1 Answer from the Community
Only if your iMac supports Target Display Mode. See HT204592 "Use your iMac as a display with Target Display Mode" on the Apple support website.
That document says that some iMacs can use Mini DisplayPort as input as well as Thunderbolt. In that case, I would consider using just a USB-C to Mini DisplayPort cable.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can two LG UltraFine 4k displays be connected to a MacBook Pro via the new Blackmagic eGPU?
- Asked by Spencer G from Langley
- Flag as inappropriate (Can two LG UltraFine 4k displays be connected to a MacBook Pro via the new Blackmagic eGPU?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 4K Display
Is it possible to use for multiple external displays?
- Asked by David L from Homewood
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to use for multiple external displays?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter